All Hours, Contact Information


Researcher Information

Using the Collections

  • All users of archival materials must register annually. By registering, users agree to abide by Archival Services rules. There is no cost for registration and University affiliation is not required.
  • Archival collection materials are non-circulating and may not be removed from the research area without authorization.
  • Users are required to leave all personal property in lockers provided for that purpose. While using archival materials, users may have only paper, pencils, or a laptop computer with them. Pens are not permitted. We have pencils available for you.
  • Users may be asked to wear gloves while handling photographs or delicate items.
  • Archival materials must be handled with great care. Users may remove only one folder at a time from a box and they must maintain the original order of the folders in the box and the materials in the folder.
  • To protect archival materials, all food and drinks are prohibted in the research area.

Duplication Services

Archival Services provides photocopy and scanning services for a fee, but reserves the right to restrict reproduction of its materials due to condition, size, or donor requirements.

Prepayment is required for all orders over $10.00.

Please allow 72 hours for orders to be completed. Low-resolution scans may be sent through email. High-resolution scans will be saved to a CD. All reproduced materials may be picked up at the James A. Michener Library or mailed at no additional cost.

Photocopy/Scanning – Standard (letter or legal size)
Self service: $0.10 per page
Staff: $0.25 per page

Printing from Microfilm
Staff: $0.25 per print

Permission to Publish

If you wish to use any University of Northern Colorado materials (whole or in part) for publication in any form, including all of the uses below, you must obtain the specific written permission of both the owner of the physical property and the holder of the copyright.

Following is a list of uses for which you will need to seek permission to publish:

  • Public display in any form, electronic or hard copy.
  • Publication in any form, whether modified or not.
  • Use in television, video, or film.

You will not have to seek permission to publish if the purpose of your work falls under one of the following:

  • Non-profit educational purposes (class papers, research, classroom use).
  • For purposes such as criticisim, comment, and news reporting.

Permission to Publish Form